Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Trip to the Zoo

We took Maddie to the Greenville Zoo for the first time on Sunday. We have been waiting until she was old enough to kind of "get it" before going. The weather was perfect-sunny and high in the upper 70's. Natalie came along with us and we all had a great time! Maddie's face was just priceless when she first saw the elephants! They are right there when you first walk in. She has seen elephants in plenty of books, but to see them "alive" she was just amazed! Honestly, I think Maddie's favorite part was the snakes. She got right up on the glass and was waving her hands at them. Natalie and I on the other hand stood as far back as we could! Maddie also enjoyed the monkeys, giraffes, the lion, and farm animals. We decided to go ahead and buy a season pass so we can take her any time. She is at the perfect age right now, so I am looking forward to many more zoo trips!




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! How fun! I have more friends with photos on that Grizzly! You know my friend Emily lives in Greenville and has season passes to that zoo too! Her hubby was in Jason's class. Loved the pics! You have such an eye for photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? I had no idea. I knew they rotated in Spartanburg, but I guess I didn't know they were in Greenville! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete