Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthday Celebrations (lots of them)

As most of you know, Gabe, my mom, and myself all have birthdays within four days of each other. We do a lot of celebrating for a week (or more). The weekend before our birthdays, Omi came to visit us. She said it was to celebrate our birthdays, but I got this feeling that she really came to see Maddie ;) Of course Omi came bearing many gifts for everyone, including baby Carter who could be here any day now! She took us to lunch on Saturday at Fatz Cafe and then dinner on Sunday at Arizona Steakhouse. Both were so yummy. Maddie really is good when we go out as long as we bring lots of food for her to enjoy and she gets to taste some off our plates, too. We love to have Omi (and Pop-Pop) visit us! Here are a few pictures of Omi's visit!

The goods from Omi. It was like another baby shower

Trying on one of Carter's sweaters
Talking to Carter telling him to come out so we can play!Future doctor? Omi bought Maddie some scrubs and
she is playing with the doctor kit she got for her birthday


Four generations!

During the course of the next several days we celebrated all of our birthdays in different ways. I got flowers delivered to the house from Gabe for the first time EVER. It was so thoughtful of him, but honestly I told him to not do it again because they are too expensive!!! I know, I know....I am cheap. Hello, med school budget! Maddie got me new pearl earrings and that evening, Gabe and I went to dinner while Mimi stayed with Maddie.

Maddie was pretty excited about Mommy's birthday money!

Two days later, we said Happy Birthday to Mimi. I baked her a red velvet cake with homemade buttercream icing and Maddie drew a beautiful picture for her to be surprised when she came home from work. I made her a coffee mug with pictures of Maddie all around it. Of course she loved it!

And finally, Gabe's birthday was Friday. I made him chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then that afternoon met him at the gym to workout where I gave him his new Ipod armband for him to use. I also told him we could make a trip to Charleston to go to the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament in April as part of his birthday. So we are hoping to plan that as well. That afternoon we had some family time outside playing with Maddie and Brady. Maddie loves bubbles! Finally, that night we went to dinner at Sabrosa Mexican grille and enjoyed Margaritas (ok I enjoyed them) and some delicious food.

The celebrating was not over quite yet. On Sunday, Natalie and Ryan came over to eat lunch and eat cake that mom made for all of us. We put 1-0-8 on the cake because that is the three of ours combined ages. Wheww what a tiring week. No more birthdays for a while....well until baby Carter gets here. Geez, we are going to have a busy March in the future!






1 comment:

  1. I love the 4 generations photo! Just beautiful. I also love that Maddie loves your birthday money and that you all put "108" on your cake! :) Great pics, great post! Thanks for sharing and Happy Belated Birthday! Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete