Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1st Birthday Pictures

I was all geared up to take Maddie to have her first birthday pictures taken in a studio, because I was worried that we wouldn't be able to capture her smash the cake pictures the way I envisioned them. We have always taken all our own pictures, so it would have been the first time getting "professional" pictures taken. To my surprise the weather on Sunday was just beautiful. Sunny, with a high of about 70 degrees seemed like the perfect day to capture some outdoor pictures of our almost ONE year old. We got her all dressed in her cute (homemade) tutu and number 1 shirt (clearance at Target last summer) and got the big cupcake (that I baked the day before) out of the fridge. We got some great shots of her on the stairs inside the house first-she loves the stairs, so we knew that would work! We then took her outside and let her have a ball smashing into her giant cupcake! She didn't really hesitate at all. She didn't get as messy as I thought she would, but we ended up with some great pictures. I am so happy the way they turned out. My mom and I combined took about 400 pictures! It is so hard to go through them, because they all turned out so cute!
Maddie's first birthday is just 3 days away. I can hardly believe it. We are getting all geared up for her big party. I am really excited to see how everything turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment