Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sick Days

Last Tuesday night my allergies were beyond killing me. I felt like I was going to scream. All I wanted to do was dig inside my ears and scratch the heck out of them. I was so fed up I decided to take not one, but two Benedryl. I had a horrible night. I tossed and turned and was burning up all night. I woke up Wednesday morning and could barely move. Head spinning, body aching, low-grade fever, and just feeling like crap. My wonderful mom called into work and stayed home so I could just be in bed all day. And that is exactly what I did. I slept all morning until about 1:00 in the afternoon. When I got up my mom pointed out Maddie's eyes to me. We thought they looked a little goopy, but I wasn't too alarmed at the moment. About an hour later things quickly got worse...way worse. Both eyes were red and starting to get more gunked up. I called the doctor and they got us in that same afternoon. Gabe took her since I was feeling to crummy and sure enough it was the dreaded pink eye. Umm hello? Where in the world did she catch pink eye??? I take her the YMCA nursery about two times a week and that is the ONLY time she is around other kids. Apparently she got it from there. After nursing her eyes back to health they were fine by Thursday afternoon. I had fun disinfecting the entire house and washing all of Maddie's blankets, crib bedding, and toys making sure that everyone else stayed clear of getting it.
By Friday we both seemed to be doing better. Think again. Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat and coughing. Just great. I had big plans of going to a photography class with my sister for the day. I wasn't going to miss it, so I stocked up on cough drops and headed to downtown Greenville for an all day photography class. We had a good time spending the day together and we did learn some neat stuff about our cameras. Now just to put what we learned into action. Shutter speed, aperture, ISO...confusing terms, but I think we got it.
When we got home poor Maddie was so fussy. My aunts who were visiting for the weekend said that Maddie just was acting like something was bothering her. We struggled to bath her and put her to bed because she was just not happy. She woke up about six times throughout the night. I never had to pick her up, but just had to keep going into her room and rubbing her back until she would relax again and go to sleep. All of this while struggling to sleep myself because of the cough I had developed in the past day.
By Sunday Maddie was acting extremely irritable and crying A LOT. Gabe did try and look in her ears, but he didn't have the correct tool to remove wax that was in her ear to get a good look in there to see if it was an infection. He went ahead and called Maddie's AMAZING doctor's office and the doctor on call said he would meet us up at the office to check her out. And the verdict was....Ear infection! The first one since she was about four months old.
Another antibiotic and four days later she is FINALLY back to her old self. It has been a miserable week for both of us. Now if we can only stay well for GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment