Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

15 Months Old

Our little princess is growing up. Exciting, but sad all at the same time. I had all these high hopes of writing everything down that Maddie did from birth, but those dreams quickly faded when you are exhausted, getting spit up on, changing diapers, and running after a little girl with a mind of her own. If I don’t write it down right away it will be forgotten. So that is why I am so glad we have this blog so I can look back on it one day to read about Maddie’s life. She is a little person now and man is she smart! She surprises us every day with the things she is learning to do and now say. You show her one time how to do something and she picks it up so easily. For example, my mom has this shell necklace that she wore about a month ago. She showed Maddie how to listen to the ocean by holding it up to her ear. No joke, yesterday my mom was wearing that same necklace and Maddie picks it up and puts it to her ear! Smart? I think so.

Maddie had her fifteen month well child appointment yesterday. Right before we were leaving I was walking up the driveway to check the mail and little miss was running behind me. Next thing I know I hear a thud and she had fallen on the drive way. Both knees scraped and bleeding. She screamed so I quickly ran her inside and cleaned her up the best I could. She was a trooper as I cleaned the wounds and put band-aids on. We then headed out the door (late as usual). Well it gets worse...while we were waiting in the doctor's office I noticed beneath Maddie's bangs on her forehead was a HUGE oval shaped scrape. When she had fallen she must of hit her head, too! I freaked! My poor child! At least we were at the doctor's so she was able to check it out...the doctor said that it was a pretty good bump, but she would survive! I know this is only the beginning of many more bumps and bruises, but geez this was traumatic! I am seriously stocking up on band-aids and neosporin for the summer.

As far as her well-check, everything looks great and she is right on track developmentally. The doctor asked if I had any concerns and being a normal parent I told her my only concern was Maddie’s expressive language and if she is saying enough words for age. Her doctor wants her to have about five right now…check, we are good! By eighteen months she should have 10-20 words. You would think I would remember all of this since I used to be an Early Interventionist. I guess I worry just like any other parent! She also had two shots today and did really well. She double-fisted her lollipops and she was good to go! So leaving the doctor's office Maddie had a bump on her head, four band-aids on one leg and one on the other leg, red face from crying, crusty nose from allergies, and sucker slobber all over her and me. AWESOME. I'm just glad nobody called DSS on me when I dragged her into Publix to grab some milk on the way home...Anyways, here are her stats…

28 lbs 4 oz (98%tile)

32 inches tall (91%tile)

18.9 in head circumference (94%tile)

Her head has not grown in three months…thank the lord! haha I think her body is finally catching up Smile

At fifteen months old:

  • Wears size 24 months-2T in clothes now (Honestly, I do not understand clothes sizing…really what is the difference in 24 month and 2T???)
  • Wears size 6-7 in toddler shoes. Big foot for sure.
  • Runs and by run I mean awkward arms in front of you like a zombie type of run. So cute though, except for what happened above.
  • Has a total of twelve teeth now. All of the one year molars have broken through! Thank goodness for a good teether; we didn’t even know she was cutting her molars!
  • Says a few words consistently, including tractor, no, more, mama, daddy, NaNa (for Natalie), nana (banana) tries to say milk & Brady. There are other things that she has randomly said such as “choo choo” and “bless you”
  • Mostly points to what she wants right now
  • Knows body parts-ears, nose, eyes, mouth, teeth, feet, and boobies (yes I know-blame my mother for this one)
  • Sleeps between 11-12 hours a night and takes 1-2 naps a day
  • favorite foods include: grilled cheese, kiwi, blueberries, pancakes and waffles, spaghetti, any type of beans, macaroni & cheese, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
  • LOVES to be outside doing anything, playing in the dirt, running after Brady, helping pull weeds, etc.

We are so blessed to have a beautiful, healthy, and smart little girl!

DSC_1976

DSC_2750

DSC_2683

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I cant believe she is 15 months already! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! I can't believe u didn't even know she was cutting her molars!!! lucky! you've got one great little fam there :)

    ReplyDelete