Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gardening Girl!

This year I really, really wanted to plant a garden…but I decided to start small this year and just grow a few vegetables in pots. I did some research online and I found out that it CAN be done. Maddie and I made a trip to Lowe’s and picked up some supplies and got started! We planted two heirloom tomato plants (beef steak and homestead) and cucumbers and squash from just seeds. I also have some grape tomatoes and peppers that I have started indoors first and will transplant them in a few more weeks. Oh and I can’t forget about the blueberry bushes! My child LOVES and I mean is obsessed with blueberries! Hopefully the bushes will do well enough where we can just go outside and pick them ourselves! I am so excited to see how my little plants do!

My little helper

CSC_1569

DSC_1524

Trying on Poppy Steve’s hat!

DSC_1530

DSC_1535

DSC_1537

DSC_1539

The finished pots. Hopefully they will grow…

DSC_1600

DSC_1603

Squash, cucumbers and blueberry bushes that I need to plant in the ground

DSC_1605

Maddie loves to be outside. Here she is just barefoot and loving every minute of it! I have always loved walking barefoot outside when it is warm. Something about it reminds of my childhood and just simpler times.

DSC_1464

Smelling the flowers weeds growing in our yard!

DSC_1496

DSC_1487

Loves to pick all of Mimi’s pretty flowers

DSC_1515

We just got finished feeding the birds. She loves to shake the bird seed in the cups. She will walk from the garage with the cup in her hands to the bird feeders (although by the time we get to the feeder most of the seed is scattered behind her).

DSC_1472

DSC_1475

No comments:

Post a Comment