Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Look Who’s Talking!

Miss Maddie has officially begun talking and by talking I mean saying full sentences (sometimes up to six and seven words). I really took notice at the beginning of December when she started putting three words together. For the longest time she would get frustrated and start yelling “IMO, IMO, IMO”. We had no clue what she meant by this, until recently when the “IMO” has turned into “I want ___” Her wants and needs are now being verbally requested and this makes things so much easier on us! We can understand pretty much understand anything she says now! I will never forget as we walked into the doctor’s office a few weeks ago {right before Christmas} and she said clear as day “Doctor said no monkeys jumping on bed” I looked at her and was completely taken off guard. Yes, I have been singing this song to her nonstop for weeks, but for her to just say it out of the blue was incredible! She seriously surprises me every day with the things she says and remembers. I know she is my own, but I have to say she is so smart!

I wrote down at 18 months that she had about forty words. I would think that this number has at least quadrupled. And to think just a few months ago I was worried about her lack of language. Well, my child has proved me wrong…WAY WRONG. I have to say my favorite thing she says is “I love you” which is more like “luh you”. Also just today while we were walking up the stairs I started to count and then all of the sudden she took over and counted 4-10! We have a talker and this mommy couldn’t be more proud!

2011-12-30 024

No comments:

Post a Comment