Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Up, Up, Away!

After Gabe got home from work on Memorial day we headed on over to Freedom Weekend Aloft to see the hot air balloon launch. FWA is an annual event held Memorial Day weekend in Simpsonville. It is the first year that I have been to the festival in several years, so I was excited!

We packed our little munchkin up with plenty of snacks and a full sippy of water for her and headed over to Heritage Park. When we got there I realized that I had forgot to put the valve on the cup, so by the time we got out of the car it was all over her. Needless to say, she was already refreshed, but we then had to dish out $3 to refill her cup with water—mommy FAIL!

We first headed over to see the disk dog competition. For the short amount of time that we got to see the dogs in action, Maddie was so intrigued. I wish we could have seen them longer. We then strolled through all the rides and games. Maddie was a little alarmed by some of the screams coming from kids riding on the seemingly not so safe rides. After that we headed over the amphitheater to grab a bite to eat and a spot on the grass to watch the balloons. Two very tiny cheeseburgers, order of fries, two bottles of water and $20 later the balloons were ready to launch! Maddie watched the balloons and seemed fascinated by them. She pointed to the sky and did her famous grunting—so we knew she was excited. She also enjoyed the band that was playing. She got up and started to dance. Our girl has got some moves…much more rhythm than me and her daddy combined! I wish we would have got it on video, because although this picture is cute, it doesn’t give her moves much justice!

CSC_3926

This was Gabe’s first time at Freedom Weekend Aloft and I kid you not he would not shut up about how he wants to own a hot air balloon one day. Ummm…??? They are neat to watch, but I don’t think I would want to own one. I would go for our own house, couple of nice cars, and maybe a boat for starters!

We had such a nice little family outing…Maddie stayed up way past her bedtime…but it was so worth it to see her have fun and discover new things in life…

Ahhh sweet, sweet summertime…these are the days that I love the most. It truly doesn’t get any better than this!

DSC_3821

DSC_3815

DSC_3798

DSC_3828

DSC_3866

CSC_3922

No comments:

Post a Comment